Graduate Intern – Accounting Operations
We are a young team passionate about making accounting simpler, easier and accessible for Ghana’s promising and growing businesses. We are helping SMEs grow their businesses by managing their accounting and finance back offices through the provision of low cost accounting-as-a-service solutions using software and on-site support to enable them build robust financial profiles while reducing cost and ensuring accessibility. What drives us is a firm belief in using technology to make accounting simpler and accessible for SMEs no matter where they are.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a graduand (pre-national service) intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience.
To be a strong candidate for this role, you should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback and eager to learn.
*Candidates must have at least at least 3 months free period for the internship before the start of National Service and will be considered for a national service position after the internship.
The candidate will receive intensive in-house training after which s/he will assist in the following tasks::
Client Facing Responsibilities
- Manage client relationships
- Produce monthly deliverables (submitted to Team Lead for review) including: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows
- Budget vs. Actual Variance Analysis
- Update Forecast based on actuals
- Coordination of tax services with tax department
- Assist with budget and forecast preparation
- Review and manage accounting processes, including: General ledger activities, month end close, account reconciliation
- Accounts receivable and invoicing
- Accounts payable bill creation and payment processing
- Payroll processing
- Payroll tax filings
- Sales tax filings
- Cash flow management
- Account variance analysis
- About to receive a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field
- Full or part professional qualification is an advantage
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills
- Excel and accounting software experience
- General tax experience, and small business background are a plus
Interested? Send an email to [email protected] with the following by May 16 2019:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Attach a copy of your resume/CV